Friday, August 31, 2012

a cure for the common ego

...is there one?

...may i have it, please?

....


i went to a group improv audition some time ago where the director said that he'd be looking for us to make each *other* look good. keeping that in mind, i decided not to insert myself into a surprisingly lovely moment one of my fantastic scene partners created. he got the part.

so did i.

it was a wonderful, fun audition with a wonderful reminder/lesson attached. NOW. how to keep that lesson in my feeble little brain....

i collect especially lovely quotes from novels that i read. one quote i grabbed hold of--from the pavilion of women--is simply, "i forgot myself." this happens sometimes, but it is so sadly fleeting...how can i put my whole self aside? so that i can actually work, please?

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely story! Kudos to the director for realizing that creating awesome moments and allowing them to happen takes equal skill.

    ReplyDelete